- To understand how to hire and develop a professional staff for a child care program
- To be able to develop a child care program’s policies, procedures, and general philosophy
- To be able to involve families in the day-to-day activities of the child care center
- To identify ways to communicate with staff, families, and the community about the center
- To understand how to assess the needs of children, evaluate staff and parental satisfaction, and assess the overall effectiveness of the child care center
This course is designed to introduce you to a variety of subjects. The course is broken up into six units, each providing important information about the various responsibilities of being a child care director. Although each unit covers a particular subject matter, it is important to remember that each of tehse aspects of child care direction can indirectly affect one another. The following is a breakdown of each unit:
*Unit one will discuss hiring and staff development and what role you play as a child care center director in the professional development of your staff.
*Unit two will outline what policies and procedures you will want to have in place for your child care program.
*Unit three will deal with program planning and how you as the child care director can create a child care environment that encourages growth and learning.
*Unit four will highlight what policies and procedures you should follow when handling children and their families.
*Unit five will identify the best communication practices for relationship building with families and staff as well as marketing your program to the community.
*Unit six will detail for you the various evaluation techniques you have available to assess children’s learning and development as well as assess the performance and attitudes of staff, and assess family’s perspectives.
Throughout the course, you will be encouraged to read a few additional resources that will give you more information about the individual topics. Topics include communication, technology, budgeting, and legal issues.
Thank you for considering CECPD for your educational needs. We hope to provide you the kind of professional development opportunities that will assist you in your exciting career as a child care director. Your work is vital to the community. CECPD prides itself on providing the best opportunities for you to develop as a professional. Thank you again and enjoy the course!